WELCOME TO THE CLINICAL CENTER Main Content
The Clinical Center at Southern Illinois University Carbondale has been part of the Southern Illinois Community since 1958. The Clinical Center serves as a training and research site for various campus departments that train professionals for work in psychological, educational and Speech & Language services. In that training and research capacity we provide a range of services designed to improve the lives of the individuals we serve. Our clients come from many works of life. Some are associated with SIUC; many are not.
- Psychological assessments including learning disability and attention deficit disorder
- Speech and language assessments (e.g., articulation, phonological development, voice, stuttering, receptive and expressive language, auditory processing, aphasia, cognitive-linguistic, oral-motor, swallowing)
- Intakes are conducted for all new clients seeking psychological services
Of note, the Clinical Center does NOT provide disability, custody or court assessments.
- Speech & Language treatment (e.g., language, speech, sound production, stuttering, speech reading, aphasia rehabilitation, voice and aural rehabilitation)
- Individual and group counseling (including child, adolescent and adult)
- Family and couples counseling
- Parent training