Main Content Area
WELCOME TO THE CLINICAL CENTER
The Clinical Center at Southern Illinois University Carbondale has
been part of the Southern Illinois community since 1958. The Clinical
Center serves as a training and research site for various campus
departments that train professionals for work in psychological,
educational, rehabilitation and health care services. In that training
and research capacity we provide a range of services designed to
improve the lives of the individuals we serve. Our clients come from
many walks of life. Some are associated with SIUC; many are not.
It is the policy of the SIUC Clinical Center to provide equal educational and training opportunities for all qualified students, and clinical services to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status.
The Clinical Center provides an Anxiety/Mood Disorder Clinic, Family/Couples Clinic, Child Therapy and specialized Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic. Specific services include:
- Psychological Evaluations including Learning Disability and Attention Deficit Disorder Assessments
- Speech and Language Evaluations (e.g., articulation, phonological development, voice, stuttering, receptive and expressive language, auditory processing, aphasia, cognitive-linguistic, oral-motor, swallowing)
- Audiology Evaluations (e.g., acoustic reflex, audiometry, threshold, tympanometry, otoacoustic emissions, auditory processing, central auditory function)
- Brief court evaluations to determine the value of therapy intervention
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Intake evaluations are conducted for all new clients seeking psychological and social work services
Of note, the Clinical Center does NOT provide disability evaluations, custody evaluations or court evaluations other than the brief court evaluation.
- Speech-language-hearing therapy (e.g., language, speech sound production, stuttering, speech reading, aphasia rehabilitation, voice and aural rehabilitation)
- Individual and group therapy (including child, adolescent, and adult)
- Family/Couples therapy
- Parent training